When done right, SMS marketing can have a 98% open rate and be much more effective than other common communication channels like email and phone calls.
At any given time of day, wherever you are, is your phone ever that far away from you? Think about when you’re working, at the store, or even, ahem, using the restroom – is your phone within reach? For most consumers, the answer is yes. That being said, the convenient nature of a cell phone makes it easy to connect with someone in today’s fast-paced world. But we’re not talking about making phone calls here – we’re talking about communicating via text message (a.k.a. SMS marketing).
How Can Texting Fit into Your Home Improvement Business?
Whether you want to welcome new leads, engage unsold opportunities, or connect after a project has been completed, there are several touch points throughout the customer lifecycle that make sense to send a text. Here are some examples of use cases for sending a text to your prospects and customers:
- Introduction to Your Company
- Promotional Offers and Discounts
- Appointment Confirmation and Reminders
- Project Installation Reminders
- Introduction to Your Referral Program
Why should you add text messaging to your communication strategy?
SMS marketing isn’t a brand-new concept by any means, but you may be unaware of just how big of an impact text messaging can make on your home improvement business. Consider the following benefits of incorporating texting into your marketing strategy:
- Text message open rates put email open rates to shame. On average, your emails have a 20-30% chance of being opened, which is actually pretty good. Text messages, on the other hand, have a 98% open rate. **Mic drop**.
- Texting can be seamlessly integrated into your existing CRM solution. A CRM like improveit 360 naturally automates your communications, and when integrated with a messaging platform, like Hatch, you can really streamline your texting activity. With the Hatch + improveit 360 integration, contractors can easily connect with their leads, prospects and customers via text. The integration simply pulls contact information from improveit 360 into Hatch, Hatch creates and sends communications, and then Hatch automatically tracks that communication in the improveit 360 system. Pretty easy, right?
- Homeowners expect you to use texting. Nowadays, consumers can confirm reservations, collect medical test results, and opt-in to receive the latest deals at their favorite stores via text. By communicating things like special offers, appointment confirmations, and project reminders in the same fashion, you can reach homeowners through a channel they not only use all the time, but likely prefer.
- Text messages aren’t ‘missed’ like phone calls. Does anyone like leaving voicemails? And on the contrary, does anyone like listening to voicemails? Well, if a prospect or customer is busy or doesn’t recognize your phone number, you’re probably going to end up leaving a voicemail – something that absolutely takes more time out of your day then sending a text. Plus, a text pretty much guarantees that your message will get in front of whoever you’re targeting, where a voicemail may never even be listened to.
As the world continues to evolve, it’s important to stay current with how your prospects and customers prefer to be reached. If you’re really unsure of what your clients’ communication preferences are, a quick survey can even help you determine whether or not SMS marketing is worth your time (but spoiler alert: it almost definitely is). improveit 360’s industry-specific CRM system can also make it easy for your home improvement company to get up and running with texting as well as make it easy to effortlessly track any communication efforts with leads and customers.
To learn more about improveit 360’s CRM system and how it can help your home improvement business enhance communications, engage more prospects, and win more deals, schedule a demo with one of our team members today.